Wade's World

Just leave it where Jesus flang it.

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Katrina Aid -- Clearinghouse of Links

On the extremely rare chance that you have come to this site before, or instead of, going to ... well, anywhere else, please follow the links below in order to contribute to the relief effort for Hurricane Katrina:

Wizbang: Paul has actually been holed up inside the Superdome to ride out Katrina and he has a list of useful efforts for bloggers to engage in, such as --

We don't know how FEMA works. Somebody read the news reports on what FEMA is doing and what it is not... Somebody read their site and distill it for those of us who don't have time for red tape.

Flood insurance? I know the feds handle it. Who do I need to talk to? What do they pay?

Every natural disaster I send the Red Cross my standard $100 donation. I have no idea how to get money from them. It is a grant or a loan?

If I don't actually cancel my phones and my bill is auto-debit do they still bill me?

If I shut off my phone will I lose my number?

Heck- Somebody make an "Evacuee survival guide" with laser precision information on how to get help without clicking 50 links or waiting on hold 2 hours. If you can save 25,000 people 5 hours of looking up the same information, think of the power in that!

Be sure to check out the trackbacks to that post for useful information, and also see Kevin Aylward's post, Hurricaid for making a direct donation to Paul.

Instapundit: Continuously updated post with links to various relief efforst and charity organizations, among other links.

Michelle Malkin: Myriad posts (just keep scrolling) about and links to charities, relief funds.

The Truth Laid Bear: Blog for Relief Day, Thursday September 1 -- round up of links to blogs focused on raising awareness of and finding funds for relief efforts to aid the victims of Hurricane Katrina.

**UPDATE**
QandO: Links to some more charities, specifically some that will benefit soldiers with loved ones in New Orleans and the rest of the Gulf Coast.

6 Comments:

Blogger The Home Theater Wizard said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:28 PM  
Blogger Dream Builder said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:33 PM  
Blogger autoloan-37AF7F said...

Great Blog! I would like to let your readers know about a site that can give them a FREE Instant Auto Loan Quote. Just Enter Your Zip Code!
You can check it out at:
FREE AUTO LOAN QUOTES

8:26 AM  
Blogger Pro Free Life said...

I'm neither pro-choice nor pro-life. But I'm pro-free-life! Check out www.ProFreeLife.com.

4:13 AM  
Blogger Chuck Reynolds said...

Free Web Report Reveals How Anyone Can

Become A High-Earning Super Affiliate Fast!

Download Your Copy Now Before It's Gone:

Free Web Report Reveals How Anyone Can

Become A High-Earning Super Affiliate Fast!

Download Your Copy Now Before It's Gone:

health and wellness product

2:12 AM  
Blogger Carnival said...

Hi there, I was surfing the internet and I found your blog. I enjoy the style of how this all works.

I'll be coming back again.

Regards,

pictures on Hurricane Katrina

4:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home